Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Telling my First Graders





I wanted to tell my first graders that we are expecting in a creative way so here's how I did it...
I showed them one cake at a time and then had them guess what they thought the rest of the sentence was.
After the 1st cake, "Mrs. M is going" they guessed, "to the Amazon Rain Forest?" "to go to Burger King?"
After the 2nd cake, "To have a" they guessed, "piece of cake?" "nice day?"
and then I showed them the third cake..."BABY!!!" They were not as excited as I thought they would be but they are 6 and 7 years old. Also, at the beginning of the whole thing I told them it was a riddle, so they thought that meant it was a joke, meaning it wasn't true. So after the third cake, someone said, "Is this for real?" I reassured them it was real and that I really am going to have a baby. Then we cut the cake and we all shared in the yummy treat! At that point they didn't even care why we were having cake!

1 Comments:

At 5/26/10, 8:14 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

What a cute Idea!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home